The Montgomery County Council is set to vote Tuesday afternoon on a special budget appropriation of more than $373,000 to help low-income residents facing deportation pay their legal bills.
But before the vote, a number of people who think the plan sets too many restrictions on those who would qualify for the aid staged a protest outside the county courthouse Monday afternoon.
The protesters included those representing CASA of Maryland; a religious group known as Sanctuary DMV, and the Maryland ACLU. They said changes to the original resolution, suggested by John McCarthy, the Montgomery County state’s attorney, go too far and will significantly reduce the number of people who can be helped.
A group of residents who support the county’s current, more restricted plan, were also on hand.
The county’s original resolution came out April 17, and county residents attended a public hearing on the issue May 1.
McCarthy said the bill didn’t go far enough in excluding those who had committed some serious crimes, including extortion.
Montgomery county District and Circuit Courts have been at the center of public corruption in which cases brought to the court are interfered with deliberately. The same violations occurring in Montgomery county are in full display in Prince George’s County and involves employees working under color of law.
Many of these violations occurring under Mr. John McCarthy, the Montgomery County state’s attorney appear to be working in a close collaboration with attorneys operating in Prince George’s County led by Mr. Raouf Abdullah, Mr. Mitch Batt, Ardra O’Neal in violation of the laid down processes in order to get away with murder.
These violations where brought to the attention of Ms. Angela Alsobrooks years ago in 2011 and she did nothing to help. The same Ms. Alsobrooks is now running for the county Executive after causing significant violations in Prince George’s County.
>>>Sign the Petition here and here<<<
Read more >>> 👇👇👇
- Fireworks as Edwards Burroughs III opposes Rushern Baker III and vows to eat a box of nails in protest.
- Angela Alsobrooks fails to show up for County Executive Debate in Upper Marlboro!
- Two PG County lawmakers are mum after their academic credentials are questioned
- No Parachute Money of close to a $1Million severance as Donna Edwards calls on Dr. Maxwell to abandon cash!
- Rushern Baker in major water as yet another Scandal worth millions is discovered in Suitland – Maryland.Oh Lord!
- Major Drama after David Jeffery Grogan is busted for beating his wife like a stray dog in Maryland.
- Wow! wow! Forget the previous Interview! Here is more truth about Maxwell’s depature as Tonya Winfield spills the beans.
- Never joke with Donna Edwards – See How she Exposed Angela Alsobrooks who received almost a million from Developers.
- PGCPSMESS: Weekend Roundup and a Request to sign the Petition to Governor Larry Hogan. “We must ensure that justice is done.”
- Reform Sasscer Movement for Prince George’s County Responds to Resignation of PGCPS CEO Dr. Kevin Maxwell.
Pingback: Jazz Musician Wynton Marsalis Says Hip-Hop is “More damaging than a statue of Robert E. Lee” | pgcps mess - Reform Sasscer without delay.
Pingback: Jazz Musician Wynton Marsalis Says Hip-Hop is “More damaging than a statue of Robert E. Lee” | Help Change The World. The Future Of The County Is Now.