ACCOKEEK, Md. – Police are hot on the trail of a man accused of stealing items from teachers at a Prince George’s County school.
Two employees of Accokeek Academy said the man walked right into the school and into their classrooms and took the wallets out of their purses on April 27.
One employee said images from the school’s surveillance cameras show the suspect going into her room and then walking out with her wallet. She said he charged about $350 on her credit card at a Safeway store nearby the school.
A second employee, who has asked to remain anonymous, told FOX 5 the suspect was also seen on video leaving her classroom, but she did not notice her wallet was missing until she left the property.
“You can see the gentlemen exiting my classroom with my wallet and putting it in his hoodie,” she said. “I have two children so that was going through my mind. How do I take care of my kids? I don’t have anything. Everything was in my wallet and he took everything – my license, my bank cards, insurance cards, everything.”
This employee said the suspect charged almost $400 to her credit card – also at the same Safeway store.
FOX 5 has learned Accokeek Academy was warned about the suspect by another Prince George’s County school that had a similar experience just days earlier. The principal at Isaac Gourdine Middle School in Fort Washington sent out an email with photos from security cameras of the suspect warning faculty at other schools that a man walked right in and allegedly stole credit cards from a teacher’s purse – racking up more than $1,000 in charges.
Prince George’s County police and the school’s security staff at Accokeek Academy have been working on this case. Police said they have identified the suspect and are now in the process of applying for an arrest warrant.
Read more >>> 👇👇👇
- PGCPSMESS: Weekend Roundup and a Request to sign the Petition to Governor Larry Hogan. “We must ensure that justice is done.”
- Reform Sasscer Movement for Prince George’s County Responds to Resignation of PGCPS CEO Dr. Kevin Maxwell.
- No Confidence vote on Dr. Kevin Maxwell and a request for State Attorney Angela Alsobrooks to launch investigation.
- Where is the Outrage in PGCPS?
- Calls for PGCPS executive’s resignation following secret pay raises
- Baker’s public schools takeover: Achievement or Achilles’ heel?
- Partial Prince George’s school board members defend record of outgoing CEO
- School board members react after Prince George’s County Public Schools’ CEO resigns
- SHOULD PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY SCHOOLS GIVE THE QUITTING SCHOOL CEO A PAYOUT?
- Prince George’s Educators, Residents Vexed by School System
- Maryland delegate Dereck E. Davis must resign over corruption in the county schools.